Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Have Quilt ... Will Travel


Elizabeth MiniMe Doll

I have a dear sweet friend, Elizabeth, whom I met through my quilt guild.  Recently she had some health issues which required this master quilter to wear a hat to protect her beautiful  skin from exposure to the sun.  So, with grace under fire, in true "Elizabeth" form, Elizabeth began wearing gorgeous picture hats with those beautiful wide brims to compliment her outfits and sport her change of lifestyle.  The last time she and I worked together at the Clifton Forge fair, she was sporting the most striking red hat with two glamorous black and white ribbon bow accents.  She cocked that brim in such a stylish fashion that it made you smile when you caught a glimpse of her eyes twinkling from under that gorgeous frame of red.

Elizabeth MiniMe with peek of red & white polka dot socks


Last week was Elizabeth's birthday and I decided after seeing her the previous Saturday at the fair that she was most deserving of having a "mini-me" doll created in her honor and given to her to celebrate "herself."  I also included those cute red and white polka dot socks  that she wears on different occasions.  Elizabeth is one of the most gifted hand quilters and has won high recognition for her intricate work both in hand quilting and quilt design.  So I added the little personalized motto just like Paladin to the doll's shoulder bag:

Have Quilt
Will Travel

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth, and many more to come, my friend!






No comments:

Post a Comment