Sunday, August 31, 2014

It's Been a While ...

I can't believe so much time has passed since last writing to you.  I have been creating little characters for two shops, designing for commissioned pieces and building a holiday inventory for this upcoming celebration of Halloween and Christmas.

Just to give you a peek at what I have been up to:

 Robin, Claire and Roseberry
My Sweet Muffins Group in Waldorf Style
           Zoey
I especially love these little gals because of their sweet faces and I loved making their costumes and shoes!!


Alistair Alpaca
Designer of Ugly Christmas Sweaters

Alistair won a blue ribbon at the 2014 Rockbridge County Fair!!  He is sculpted out of  socks (face, body, arms and legs) and his clothing is fashioned out of recycled sweaters.  His hair is wool mohair and shoes are recycled baby shoes.


Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered Troupe

These ladies are finger puppets and I designed and handpainted little puppet stands for them where they could rest comfortably between performances.  Love making little finger puppets!

My next venture will take me back to my favorite adventures in Frog Bottom Borough where the PumpkinHeads live with all the other characters that have evolved in that sweet mountain woodland community.  I'll update you on these dear creatures and their stories which I hope to put into handmade book form as well as dolly style.

Promise not to be so long in writing ~~~~

Huggity~Hugs!!
Carlin


No comments:

Post a Comment