Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Are You Getting Your Halloween Haunt On?

Image courtesy of Graphic Fairy


Like so many of my friends out there, Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year.  I bet most of you haven't realized that the Great Haunting is only a little over four months away .... eh?

Well, I have already begun creating this year's cast of characters and in the next few weeks, I hope you will come visit and make them welcome.  

My first spooky specialty is a fellow I created last year.  For some of you, Halloween represents the evil in human nature.  However, I believe that there is good in most all of us.  In this great expectation, I created Baby Drackie.  He is a preschooler glimpse at what Vlad the Count of Dracula might have been before life and he turned so sour.  I entitled it, "Mummy, I Can't Sleep," and he is in his Halloween jammies and bunny slippers, dragging his blankie and clutching his teddy.  Here he is:



Next is Cordelia the sweet toothy witch who loves to brew those special herbal teas but when she chants a spell, something always goes wrong and poor Cordelia has to make a hasty retreat to find a hiding place until the spell wears off.



Then there are the AppleDumplnz that I created from memories of my own childhood of trick or treating and my favorite Little Lulu comics.  Boy, those were the great old days of fun and safe Halloween-ing!



Right now I am working on a special witchy gal that I had written a limerick for before beginning to sculpt and bring her to "life."  Sorry, you'll have to wait to see her in my next blog post ... coming by the end of the week.

Are you beginning to crave the candy corn and the spooky celebrations and the rustle of fall leaves?

See you soon ....

p.s. My dolls are available for sale ... just contact me.  I also have an Etsy shop where you can see many more:

Write me in the "Comments" section of this post or

My Etsy Shop:  www.etsy.com/shop/pollwogpatterns

Facebook:
 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Polly-Wog-Studio-and-Patterns/257930477577445?ref=hl 




1 comment:

  1. Your dolls are so cute!! Im going to find your store on ETSY!!!

    ReplyDelete