Sunday, June 17, 2012

Guess Who?? ... Pictorial Tutorial

First, take a carmel-colored sock (men's) and begin soft-sculpting a face.  I just wanted you to see the several stages it takes in beginning to detail the eyes of this WIP. 

I usually color the "whites" of the eyes with champagne colored acrylic paint and let it dry.

Then I mix a blend of brown and gold acrylic paint and color the iris.


Next step is to color the pupil of the eye.  I take the end of a chopstick and dip it into black acrylic paint and "dot" it where I want the pupil to be.


Last, I use the tip of a toothpick and dip it into white acrylic paint to dot in the highlight of the eye.  I detail the outside of the eye lids and iris of the eye with fine-tip marker in black.   When finished, I coat the eye with sealant which gives a life-like lustre to the eye and then we move on to the next step ....



I'm heading back to the studio to get back to work on completing the mystery guest.

You'll have to wait until next time to see my little fellow as he progresses.  Please check back ... it will be worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment