Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Birthday Song to My Husband for My 65th Birthday

Yes, I am turning 65 in a few days and I always love a surprise, one on someone else, that is!  So here is my Birthday Song to My Husband for My 65th Birthday ...  It can be (roughly) sung to the melody of "When I'm 64" by the Beatles ... Thanks for the inspiration, guys... and my apologies ... it isn't as smooth as your original piece, but you weren't 64 when you wrote your song either ...

To My Husband When I'm 65

When I get older and not quite as fair, just a few days from now,

Will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday cards toasting Auld Lang Syne?

If I  go crazy, shopping out of control, sending our accounts in a nosedive, 

Will you still love me, shelter and hug me

When I'm Sixty-Five?


Well, definitely not the Beatles but neither am I!  Being a senior citizen is not for the faint of heart!!




No comments:

Post a Comment