Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fortieth Wedding Anniversary --- the Good News and the Bad News

The Happy Couple


Well, nowadays, a fortieth wedding anniversary is something to be very excited about.  Of course, it is!  My sister and brother-in-law will be celebrating such an event this spring.  Now, the bad news ... what do you give a couple who are very well-established housewares-wise, just got back from a beautiful Hawaiian holiday early last year [both work, so taking leave cannot be done at the drop of a hat], and truly enjoy close friends and family with dinners at home and just relaxing in what free time they may be able to salvage outside of two separate, busy working schedules.

Well, I am so proud that they have had such a beautiful marriage and have such sucessful lives together and individually.  They have two incredible daughters who are both equally successful.  Perhaps you have run up against the dilemna of deciding on a gift that would be special enough for two such special people.  I wracked my brain morning and night for a couple of days and finally came up with an idea that I know won't be duplicated and will be enjoyed by both of them because it is so personal and it is a piece of art that will be personalized and one-of-a-kind.

Can you guess?  It's not a collage of their lives together (that's being done already and not by me), not a sterling silver engraved serving tray ....

Okay ... I am going to keep you in suspense and let you follow me on my ongoing blogs to see my anniversary work in progres as well as to understand that it has to do with my speciality of making 3-D art!  I will also give you hints to how you might adapt such a gift for your special couple's celebration or celebrations in the future.

So ..... hang on out there and catch the next installation in this Anniversary Idea!

See you soon .......

Carlin

No comments:

Post a Comment