Thursday, May 3, 2012

Taking a Break from Halloween ...

Stepping away from Halloween creating for a bit, I decided to make some of my favorites ... black cloth/rag dolls.  These are two of my very special babies ... my little girls are wonderful and full of wide-eyed innocence.

Ruby has been featured here before and she is my toddler.  You can just feel the energy when you look into her eyes.  Life is sooooo full of adventure.  She is 22 inches of energy and I had fun using one of my favorite fabrics ... a Civil War repro fabric for her dress.  She can be a handful of energy and curiosity and she  is twice as excited that she has already found a new home where she will happily be loved and share her favorites ... buttery shortbread and hot cocoa.

Ruby


Next comes Ruby's cousin, Zoe, a vibrant preschooler who is shown here ready for her first day at preschool.  She is wearing her favorite blue elephant 1930's repro fabric dress.  The commotion and excitement of all the other children has her a bit shy but she has been reassured that she will make new friends and school will be a happy adventure.  She is waiting in my shop at Etsy for her new home  and wants me to tell you that her favorites are a cuddle, a story and a homemade oatmeal raisin cookie with chocolate milk.

Zoe



We hope you will drop in for a visit and we'll make fresh cookies and cocoa at Polly-Wog's shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/pollywogpatterns

2 comments: