Thursday, May 5, 2011

Such Nunsense!!

My mom turned 85 yesterday and to celebrate her birthday, I made a doll for her as her patron saint.  Mother Merry Walker is the Patron Saint of Senior Walkers.  She comes with an iPod tuned to "A Closer Walk with Thee," and the photo on her monitor is a miniaturized scene of the view out my backdoor which is graced by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
Mother Merry Walker is about 7-8 inches high and she is signed and detailed on the back of her wings.  She sports cross-trainer shoes and is full of zip and vigor just like Mom. 

My mom walks every morning for a half hour at 4:30 a.m. in her condo highrise apartment building.  She is bright, adorable and beautiful.  Mother Merry Walker is just a reminder to Mom that I am thinking about her as she starts her day.  Love you, Mom!









Mom

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky mum! I love the sentiment with which you made this doll for your mum!

    ReplyDelete